STANDARD TECHNOLOGY UPGRADES BOOST LUXURY IN 2011 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR, NAVIGATOR L
• Voice-controlled Navigation System with HD Radio(R) technology, SYNC(R) and SIRIUS Travel Link(TM) is now standard equipment to help 2011 Lincoln Navigator owners stay connected without taking their eyes off the road
• Trailer Sway Control works with AdvanceTrac(R) with RSC (Roll Stability Control(TM)) for improved confidence for 2011 Navigator owners while towing
• MyKey(TM) programmable vehicle key allows Navigator owners to limit top speed and radio volume, even when they’re not in the vehicle
• Complimentary maintenance for the first 12 months/15,000 miles in service
Timeless Lincoln design and luxury amenities meet full-size SUV capability in the opulent 2011 Lincoln Navigator, a vehicle with performance and style that set it apart in the premium full-size SUV market. Navigator provides a unique blend of functionality, versatility and comfort that continues to bring new buyers into Lincoln showrooms.
Newly standard for Navigator owners is a voice-activated Navigation System with SIRIUS Travel Link that lets customers access up-to-the-minute information and entertainment content through the vehicle’s navigation system. The information includes current gas prices from an estimated 120,000 filling stations, up-to-the-minute traffic information for 78 markets, weather conditions, sports scores and movie listings in the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia.
Music lovers will enjoy the addition of HD Radio technology, included with the voice-activated navigation system. HD Radio enables more listening options and digital sound quality. No additional equipment or cost is involved. To use HD Radio, listeners simply tune in their favorite station. If the station is broadcasting with HD Radio technology, the system automatically picks up the signal and will transition to digital audio once decoded.
Standard technology features also help keep Navigator customers connected. SIRIUS(R) satellite radio capability and SYNC, the industry-first, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system, are both standard features on Navigator and Navigator L.
SYNC with Traffic, Directions & Information leverages industry-leading voice-recognition software, integrated GPS technology and a customer’s Bluetooth(R)-capable mobile phone. SYNC applications provide hands-free access to personalized traffic reports, turn-by-turn driving directions and up-to-date information including business listings, news, sports and weather.
Long journeys, already made easier by the spacious, comfortable accommodations found within Navigator, are aided by a new available headrest-mounted rear DVD system. With two individual screens and two sets of wireless headphones, the system allows rear seat passengers to enjoy individual A/V options without disturbing front seat passengers or each other. A standard household-style 110-volt AC outlet has also been added to facilitate connection of video game consoles and other auxiliary gear.
Exclusive safety and security features
For peace of mind on journeys of any length, Navigator is aided by exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC, including standard Trailer Sway Control. Trailer Sway Control works in conjunction with AdvanceTrac with RSC to detect trailer sway through the motions of the vehicle and take measures – such as applying precise braking and reducing engine torque – to bring both vehicle and trailer under control.
AdvanceTrac with RSC delivers a level of performance that competitive stability control systems can’t match. Unlike competitor systems, AdvanceTrac with RSC uses a second gyroscopic roll-rate sensor to determine the vehicle’s body roll angle and roll rate.
If the unique roll-rate sensor detects a significant roll angle, the system applies additional countermeasures – such as applying brakes to one or more wheels or reducing engine power – to keep the wheels firmly planted.
In the event of an accident, Navigator is equipped with the SOS Post-Crash Alert System(TM), where the horn and emergency flashers are activated should airbags deploy. Other safety features include Safety Canopy(R) side-curtain airbags, a rollover detection system and dual-stage front airbags that deploy with varying power based on crash severity, the driver’s seat position and seat belt usage. Front seat side airbags provide extra protection in the event of a side impact.
Navigator also features the exclusive MyKey system. Parents can simply program the vehicle key through the in-dash message center to incorporate restrictions such as:
• Persistent Belt-Minder(R) chime
• Limited top speed of 80 mph
• Traction control system that limits tire spin cannot be deactivated
• Audio system volume limited to 44 percent of maximum volume
• A speed alert chime at 45, 55 or 65 mph
Capability to match its luxury
Navigator is powered by a proven, capable 5.4-liter Flex Fuel V-8 engine. Flex Fuel gives consumers more options at the pump, allowing refueling with E85 ethanol fuel blends.
With three valves per cylinder and variable camshaft timing, the 5.4-liter engine delivers a satisfying balance of refinement and muscle. Rated at 310 horsepower and 365 ft.-lb. of torque, Navigator can tow up to 9,000 pounds when properly equipped. With a wider gear ratio, Navigator’s six-speed transmission has smaller steps between gears than a typical four-speed automatic and offers improved shift quality, faster acceleration and improved fuel economy.
Navigator safety technologies
Standard and available 2011 Lincoln Navigator safety features include:
• AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control) and Trailer Sway Control
• Safety Canopy, a side air curtain technology offering protection for all seating rows
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether anchors for CHildren) system
• Dual-stage front airbags for the driver and front seat passenger, front seat side airbags and a front passenger sensor system
• MyKey programmable vehicle key
• SOS Post-Crash Alert System
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Navigator technology and connectivity features
Standard and available 2011 Lincoln Navigator technology features include:
• AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with audio input jack
• SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system with Traffic, Directions & Information
• Voice-Activated Navigation System with SIRIUS Travel Link and HD Radio technology
• Keyless Entry – Remote and SecuriCode(TM) (Keypad)
• Lighting – Illuminated Entry with Approach Lamps
• SIRIUS satellite radio
• Dual headrest-mounted rear seat DVD system
• SecuriLock(R) passive anti-theft system
• Power adjustable pedals
• PowerFold(R) third-row seat
All Navigator models are built in Louisville, Ky.
Pictures, Images, Photos, Pics, taken from Lincoln Press Release.