A maker of exquisite automobiles in the 1920s and ’30s, the Maybach nameplate was revived for 2003 as an ultraluxury brand under the auspices of Mercedes-Benz. Like its standard-length Type 57 counterpart, the extended-length Type 62 holds a 550-horsepower twin-turbo V-12. Plush fittings match the Maybach’s hefty price. Little has changed for 2006.
The list of standard features also include an Airmatic DC suspension, adaptive cruise control, 19-inch wheels, power-closing doors from the fully open position, a 21-speaker, surround-sound Bose audio system and a rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens. Among the many optional features are special wheels, three-person rear seating, a glass partition and intercom for owners planning on using a chauffeur and upgraded entertainment choices. The customers have the opportunity to select custom exterior paint colors and interior trims and make request for other features above and beyond the factory option list.
Everything needed for entertainment, communication and sheer pleasure during a journey in the Maybach is included as standard: from a DVD player to a TV receiver, from a refrigerated compartment to a cordless telephone with two handsets. At the same time the extensive range of standard equipment leaves plenty of scope for individuality – another way in which the luxury brand is following the tradition of the legendary Maybach cars of earlier years.
The extensive range of standard and optional equipment gives Maybach customers over two million ways of equipping their high-end luxury car to their personal taste. All this can also be complemented with high-quality accessory items which have been specifically developed for the Maybach – from a luggage set to a champagne goblet of sterling silver, from a humidor to a golf bag and from floor mats of the finest velour to a fluffy travel rug.
2006 Maybach 62 Specifications :
* Make: Maybach
* Model: 62
* Year: 2006
* Category: Large / Luxury Cars
* Engine: 5513 ccm (334,72 cubic inches)
* Engine position: Front
* Engine type: V12
* Valves per cylinder: 3
* Maximum power: 550.7 PS (402,98 kW or 540,29 HP) at 5250 Rev. per min.
* Maximum torque: 900.00 Nm (91,34 kgf-m or 660,48 ft.lbs) at 2300 Rev. per min.
* Bore Stroke: 82.0 x 87.0 mm (3,18 x 3.4 inches)
* Compression: 9.0:1
* Top speed: 250.0 km/h (154,52 mph)
* Fuel type: Gasoline, unleaded 95
* Transmission type: Auto, 6-speed
* Power per weight: 0.1964 PS/kg
* 0 to 100km/h (0 to 62mph): 5.4 seconds
* Drivetrain: Rear
* Number of seats: 4
* Passenger space: 4370 litres (1149,23 gallons)
* Number of doors: 4
* Country of origin:
* Front tires: 275/50R19W
* Rear tires: 275/50R19W
* Chassis: Sedan/saloon
* CO2 emissions:
* Turn circle length: 16 m (622,87 inches)
* Weight: 2805 kg (6153,08 pounds)
* Towing weight:
* Total length: 6170 mm (241,69 inches)
* Total width: 1990 mm (77,91 inches)
* Total height: 1580 mm (61,89 inches)
* Maximum weigth with load: 3380 kg (7414,34 pounds)
* Ground clearance:
* Wheelbase: 3830 mm (150,05 inches)
* Cooling: Liquid
* Brakes type (front): Ventilated disks
* Brakes type (rear): Ventilated disks
* Cargo space: 605 litres (159,20 gallons)
* Leg room: 1060 mm (41,49 inches)
* Aerodynamic drag coefficient:
* Fuel efficiency (highway): 13.8 litres/100 km (16,92 miles per gallon)
* Fuel efficiency (mixed): 16.0 litres/100 km (14,63 miles per gallon)
* Fuel efficiency (city): 19.6 litres/100 km (11,94 miles per gallon)
* Fuel tank capacity: 110.0 litres (28,91 gallons)
The Maybach 57 (chassis no. W240) and 62 (chassis no. V240) were the first automobile models of the Maybach brand since the brand’s revival by DaimlerChrysler AG (now Daimler AG). They are derived from the Mercedes-Benz Maybach concept car presented at the 1997 Tokyo Motor Show. The concept car was based on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class sedan. The Luxury Brand Status Index 2008 voted the Maybach 1st place, ahead of Rolls-Royce and Bentley.
Other New Car Reviews